Processing

Export/Test Movie Issues

19/06/2012 06:21#1

WolvDev

Joined at: 10 months ago

Thank: 0

I'm developing a game on AIR for smartpones and since a few days I have the following problem:

when I hit ctrl + return to test my movie, it won't open and will endless export (the progress bar opens and increases to 100% and this status is for hours). Flash won't create a swf file for me. When I hit publish, my flash crashes completely.

I don't get any error messages.

What I tested so far:

• activated/deactivated movie compression
  • activated/deactivated xmp-metadata
  • Changed rendermode (without, direct, gpu)
  • activated/deactivated jpeg-deblocking
  • deleted app.xml file
  • increased publish cache size

The only way that the export/publishing works is when I delete elements from my library. But I need the elements. I got 701 elements so far and I need more.

Maybe someone can please help me.

EDIT: It's AIR 3.2

EDIT2:

• Changed save location
  • Changed player in publish settings (AIR for Android, AIR 2.6, AIR for iOS, Flash Player 10.2)
  • Moved all files to different/new folder

EDIT3: I think it's a problem with the bitmaps. Everytime I restart the fla-file other image previews can't be displayed and when I try to reload the image into the library, flash crashes.

I saved my images again and imported them again, same issue. Sometimes the preview will be displayed and sometimes not.

And when I look through my bitmaps and there are all previews available, flash stops exporting when the RAM usage is at 1,3 GB

And EDIT4 :D

Now I deleted some bitmaps again and it launches the ADL now. But what is the problem with my bitmaps? In Photoshop I hit "save for web" and my other images are not corrupted, but only those "sets" (level 5 and level 6 every time). They are saved as jpg, RGB

19/06/2012 08:14Top#2

zinking

It looks like this is not related with AIR yet as you are still in the CS5 compiling process. I remember I have encountered a similar situation( not as serious as you though), it is caused by the font I used, when I try to compile, the compiler try to package all fonts I used in those library elements into the SWF file, that cost time and space of course, so the solution for me under that case is simply raster all characters I used special font.

Not sure if this is the case for you. but if you use fonts in vector resources, try to rasterize them. that might helps.

22/06/2012 07:55Top#3

WolvDev

It seems that Flash hates much elements in library (or huge filesizes).

After deleting some images from my library and used code to edit/transform/change them in game the problem was solved.

13/04/2016 02:31Top#4

Joined at: 6 months ago

I have had this problem and discovered that it crashes because there is a tween that is only 1 frame but has an ease in or out attached to it. If I go through and remove all tweens that are only 1 frame, everything works great!

Removing items from your library may have worked simply because one of those items was a movie with the single frame tween problem.

Similar articles

Open a folder in finder/explorer from a webpage?

5 years ago - Reply: 2 - Views: 80

How do I escape a reserved word in Actionscript?

5 years ago - Reply: 2 - Views: 198

Save PPS/PPT files as SWF using C#

5 years ago - Reply: 2 - Views: 171

Ways of making a graphic/visual novel in flash

6 years ago - Reply: 3 - Views: 114

Use PhoneGap + HTML5 and an Embedded Flash Movie

5 years ago - Reply: 2 - Views: 96

View word docs and PDF in browser?

5 years ago - Reply: 2 - Views: 52

ActionScript 3 Read JPEG quality

7 years ago - Reply: 2 - Views: 59

Export/Test Movie Issues

5 years ago - Reply: 3 - Views: 38

Flash always on top in Android browser workaround?

5 years ago - Reply: 2 - Views: 149

Sending Json Form from Flash AS3

5 years ago - Reply: 2 - Views: 29

parsing a swf/fla (using php?)

6 years ago - Reply: 2 - Views: 44

Getting high FPS on Flash/AIR games for mobile?

4 years ago - Reply: 2 - Views: 58

vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re