Processing

How many Visual C++ Redistributables do I need to get this application to run?

17/09/2016 19:00#1

Joined at: 4 months ago

Thank: 0

Last night, I downloaded Unity to start developing games with my brother. The installer also gave me Visual Studio 2015 and MonoDevelop, which I gather is basically a slightly modified Visual Studio.

This morning I discovered the problem: MonoDevelop will open, but Visual Studio won't. It always came up with a pop-up box saying "The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer."

According to this other StackOverflow question, I need to download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. But before doing that, I decided to check if I already had it, just in case.

I opened "Programs and Features" and beheld that I already had nine other Visual C++ Redistributables installed on my machine. This image shows the list.

How many Visual C++ Redistributables do I need to get this application to run?

Included are the 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2015 redistributables for both x86 and x64. I don't know if this is typical or not but it certainly seems excessive.

Despite all these, my Visual Studio still won't open. Do I need to install another one? I'm happy to do that if I need to; I just want to start coding.

(I also had this same problem with Microsoft Office 365 before I just gave up and downloaded Microsoft Office 2013 instead, which works fine. Perhaps it's a problem with my machine? I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, for what it's worth.)

18/09/2016 06:35Top#2

Joined at: 9 months ago

You also need to install the Universal C Runtime

The Windows Update package on this page allows Windows desktop applications that depend on the Windows 10 Universal CRT release to run on Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 S14.

Extract the WindowsUCRT.zip and install the Windows6.1-KB3118401-x64.msu (note if you get a hang at "Searching for updates on this computer", cancel the install, stop the WU service and try again to install the update).

17/09/2016 19:07Top#3

Betterdev

Joined at: 9 months ago

IMO you should also try to install vc redistributable 2008:https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=29 to fix it. I had a similar problem (not with unity) and installed 2015,2013,2010 and 2008 however not 2012.

Similar articles

How to use Logstash with log4j in Windows 7 32-bit VM

4 months ago - Reply: 1 - Views: 116

Running webrick server in background for Windows

4 months ago - Reply: 0 - Views: 40

Task Scheduler doesn't start my exe for the next day

4 months ago - Reply: 0 - Views: 32

Unable to get Windows Updates in Windows 7 [on hold]

4 months ago - Reply: 0 - Views: 21

Connect Spark-Shell using Eclipse in Windows 7

4 months ago - Reply: 0 - Views: 21

Can't use custom windows themes

4 months ago - Reply: 1 - Views: 108

“npm install <module>” doesn't work

4 months ago - Reply: 0 - Views: 31

OpenGL 4.5 functions segfaulting

4 months ago - Reply: 0 - Views: 6

Executing a batch file during installation

4 months ago - Reply: 0 - Views: 2

vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re