Processing

Twitter Streaming API Updating Favorite and Retweet Counts

26/08/2016 18:23#1

Joined at: 4 months ago

Thank: 0

I am currently collecting tweets by certain keywords with the twitter streaming api and noticing that the favorite and retweet counts are mostly 0 even from users with high followings since the tweets are being captured in near real-time. I want these stats to be updated if the tweet gains traction. For example, if a tweet received 10,000 favorites 6 hours after I captured it I want to receive an event(or even the same tweet again with the new favorite counts) and update the stats. Is there a way to do this?

I looked at the following two links below and found that you can follow a certain user id and so when someone favorites a user's tweet you will receive an update event. This obviously doesn't scale very well as I accumulate more tweets since I would receive many events for each user not even related to the specific tweet from that user that I want to follow.

https://dev.twitter.com/faq/finding-%26-counting-things

https://twittercommunity.com/t/how-to-get-users-followed-unfollowed-time-in-python/56774

Another possible work around I considered would be to have a separate search api thread that queries for the captured tweet id's several hours later for updated stats, but it won't scale again and it's hard to determine a good delay time interval.

Thanks in advance!

Similar articles

How do twitter giveaways work?

8 months ago - Reply: 2 - Views: 126

How may I get genuine followers on Twitter?

3 years ago - Reply: 33 - Views: 1,828

Login to Twitter sometime fail

6 months ago - Reply: 1 - Views: 23

Twitter doesn't accept PHP's cURL, but Linux'

1 year ago - Reply: 2 - Views: 90

Twitter OAuth on iOS

5 months ago - Reply: 1 - Views: 91

why am i getting an error on .verifyCredentials()

5 months ago - Reply: 1 - Views: 35

TwitteR setup_twitter_oauth() gives an error

5 months ago - Reply: 1 - Views: 29

Tweepy - Getting the author of a retweeted tweet

5 months ago - Reply: 0 - Views: 3

Retrieving data from twitter with JavaScript

5 months ago - Reply: 0 - Views: 1

Combined social media feed returning the wrong data

5 months ago - Reply: 0 - Views: 0

Django and Twitter request_token

Python HMAC hashed value encoding to base64

5 months ago - Reply: 1 - Views: 32

At the rate symbol in facebook

vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re vé máy bay vé máy bay giá rẻ ve may bay ve may bay gia re